Rsync not doing its job - Corrected

Erick Perez - Network Administrator eperez at mitchellanderson-blythe.com
Thu Aug 30 21:22:34 EST 2001

 Hi there, I like to have your advice in the following attemp. I have a
 binary file that needs to be mirrored every one hour from this server to
 another server via SSH.
 Here is the command (all in one single line).
 /usr/bin/rsync  /home/mabf/SparkNuevo/PMSystem97-Data.mdb
 thor.morrisoncrossfinancial.com:/home/admpac/spark/SparkNuevo/ -vv -e ssh
 -p -o -g

 Here is the output of this command:

 PMSystem97-Data.mdb
 wrote 44072 bytes  read 60084 bytes  3109.13 bytes/sec
 total size 9766912 speedup 93.77

 The thing is that if I run this command N times, the output is the same
 and the other machine never sees the changes.
 Am I doing something wrong? Also, what means the output of the --verbose
 command shown above?

 Boxes: Two Mandrake 8.0 with rsync 2.4.6 (latest)
 Thanks,

 --
 Erick Perez
 Network Administrator