[clug] VM initiated VMotion

Hugh Fisher hugo.fisher at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 11:52:36 UTC 2022

On Wed, 14 Dec 2022 at 16:28, Stephen Hocking via linux
<linux at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My googling skills have fallen short - I've wondered if there's a way for a
> VM to initiate its own VMotion to another physical host in the cluster.
> There's one or two physicals in the cluster which are having problems with
> some VLANs, so that a VM that uses them can't even ping its default route.
> Am loath to use affinity rules, as it's possible the VLAN issues might go
> away without me being told.

You want to give your VMs the ability to move themselves across the network?

Many bad science fiction stories have taught me that this will only
lead to your VMs escaping onto the Internet, where they will
undoubtedly acquire a GPT-3 AI and become fully sentient threats to
all of humanity.

Seriously, this could lead to some ... interesting ... Sorcerer's
Apprentice type incidents.
--

        cheers,
        Hugh (Hugo) Fisher