[clug] Fwd: [OT] AI news: AI system that came up with novel designs, named as 'Author' of a patent

David C cottrill.david at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 23:04:14 UTC 2021

my 2c..
This opens the door for a whole new class of patent trolls, that as the
article from Kim points out, will stifle innovation as every possible thing
will be patented.
Genuine innovation will be possible, but will run the risk of having a near
valueless imitation churned out by an AI without the all important context
that actually makes it useful.