[clug] Watercooler - was Open Source Developers in CBR

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Sep 7 01:15:55 UTC 2020

An interesting idea. I'll have a go...

I've spent nearly the last ten years working on compute aspects of
OpenStack. I decided late last year that OpenStack compute was too
complicated and that I wanted something simpler. So I've ended up writing
an equivalent (with a different API) that is less than 5,000 lines of
python and seems to work reasonably well. Its small enough to use for
teaching and research, and I've used it in production a couple of times
already.

Its called Shaken Fist (as in, Old Man Shakes Fist at Cloud) and is at
http://shakenfist.com.

Michael