[clug] Cut a file in place.

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 20:30:49 UTC 2019

Hi Paul,

Further context...  28Gb .tar.gz file, 16Gb left on my laptop, had to get
said 28Gb file to a colleague in Canada. No chance of sing SSH/Rsync. 28Gb
upload to any web transfer mechanism was going to go wonky. Thus split into
bits, get to him in bits, get him to run cat to put it back together.  Yes,
a perfect use of a split archive, but then I didn't make the archive.

I used a variation of the script that Alastair sent with truncate and it
seems to have worked. Happy user in Canada.