[clug] Gnome3 & A different way of doing things

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Sun May 26 11:33:01 UTC 2019

Dear George:

> In short I suspect that in the longer term I will keep using Xfce,
> however I first want to understand the logic behind Gnome 3's design and
> whether it has improved functionality for the Desktop or has lost
> functionally.

Recently in the news, an aircraft manufacturer made a new version of a
`plane. But to keep down training-need, it added a software kludge to
make the new aircraft feel like the old one. Only rarely (say a bird
strike upsetting a sensor), would the kludge-software crash the `plane,
killing everyone on board!
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/