[clug] June 2019 CLUG Meeting

Bob Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Sun Jun 30 02:41:00 UTC 2019

On 29/6/19 3:44 pm, Brad Marshall via linux wrote:
> Hi Bryan,
>
> As the speaker on the night, I'm not really sure what to say.  I
> didn't think my talk was incomprehensible to pretty much all the rest
> of the room, I thought we had some very good conversations about it
> all.  And insulting speakers is a good way to make sure nobody wants
> to talk with you around.
>
> Thanks,
> Brad

Hi Brad,

Like [some/many] others on the CLUG list, my mailer is configured to
chuck Bryan's e-mails directly into the bin.

However, your response has intrigued me and so I went and took a look
at Bryan's so-called artwork page. His comments re: your talk are just
plain wrong (I could add mad and inappropriate, but plain wrong will
suffice).

I enjoyed your talk and meeting you and do not, for one moment, agree
with what Bryan wrote on his personal page (I'll refrain from
commenting on his drawing on a public mailing list).

Thanks for taking the time (your own, volunteered time) to present
this talk at CLUG which almost all the rest of us greatly enjoyed.

cheers,
Bob Edwards.