[clug] June 2019 CLUG Meeting

Brad Marshall brad.marshall at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 08:42:46 UTC 2019

Hi Bryan,

On Sat, 29 Jun. 2019, 5:39 pm Bryan Kilgallin, <kilgallin at iinet.net.au>
wrote:

> > didn't think my talk was incomprehensible to pretty much all the rest
> > of the room, I thought we had some very good conversations about it
> > all
> What does the weakest learner perceive?

The weakest learner should take from it what they can but realize they
won't get everything. I attempted to explain as much as I could within the
time constraints, but to cover the intended content we had to move on at
some point.

I always try to evaluate if I have the base knowledge before attending a
talk. I would never attend, say, a graphics talk and expect to understand
everything, and would show respect to the speaker.

There's always opportunities to run more talks covering other the bits you
didn't get in further talks, and for you to use the knowledge gained at a
talk to self research or ask questions after.

However, thats a bit beside the point. Your statement was rudely worded and
commenting on peoples appearance like you did is offensive and off putting.

Thanks,
Brad