[clug] Private Browsing?

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Mon Jun 24 04:41:27 UTC 2019

On 24/06/2019 12.04, Bob Edwards via linux wrote:

>> As if the PB repository is hidden (preferences show zero items everywhere)
>> and cannot be easily cleared.
>
> I would disagree - the PB session cookies/history etc. can easily
> be cleared - close the PB window. Closing one PB window and opening
> another is easy.
>
> Closing tabs is never the same as quitting the browser - nor should
> it be the same within a PB session.

Yes Bob, I agree.

However, after I close a tab, then do a "Clear Data" and "Clear History",
I expect the slate to be clean, but this is not the case. Closing the window does
clear everything. So what are the items left behind after my manual clearing
before closing the window?

cheers

--
Eyal at Home (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)