[clug] KDE Desktop

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 01:36:11 UTC 2019

On 6/1/19 4:10 PM, George at Clug via linux wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Who has tried KDE Desktop recently?

<snipped>

> If anyone has comments, I would be interested in reading.

<snipped>

Some KDE applications worth mentioning (not all are from KDE, but all
are QT):-
KDEConnect - connect your KDE with your phone (and vis a versa)
Dolphin - File browser
Konsole - a console
KWrite - a code editor
Korganizer - an organizer
KDevelop - programming IDE
GammaRay - QT tool
Shashlik - Android emulator
KStars - Astronomy
KPatience - timewasting
Gwenview - image viewer (with Kipi-plugins)
Scanlite - image scanner app
Hugin - panoramic picture tool
InkScape - vector graphics editor
Okular - document viewer
digiKam - awesome digital image manager
Krita - raster graphics editor
KTorrent - bittorrent client
Amarok - music player/manager
Kdenlive - video editor
Kodi - video/audio player/manager
Steam - game client/machine
soundKonvertor - audio format converter
KDE Partion manager - partitioning tool
KRsync - backup tool
Discover - system and settings tool
KRename - batch renamer
Komparator 4 - gui for diff
Ark - archive/compression tool
KGpg - PGP tool
KFontview - font manager
Spectacle - screen shot tool (press PrintScrn)
dupeGuru - duplicated files finder
Apper - package manager

Some KDE applications which disappoint me:-
KMail

Kind regards