[clug] code of conduct

Alastair D'Silva alastair at d-silva.org
Tue Jul 9 05:48:25 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-07-04 at 00:14 +1000, Steve Walsh via linux wrote:
> Hello Everyone
<snip>
> To help limit this from re-occurring in future, I've also done a
> first
> pass at a Code of Conduct for CLUG. This can be found online at
> https://gitlab.com/clug-au/code-of-conduct/blob/master/CodeOfConduct,
>
> and feedback is welcome.

I wonder if we should also have a line in there along the lines of "if
you see something, say something"?

Some (many?) of us are introverts, and will bear abuse rather than rock
the boat, but we as a community should not tolerate it.

For example (to pick something that I don't think has happened at
CLUG), if someone was putting their hands on another's shoulder, and
that person was clearly uncomfortable with it, but didn't explicitly
say to stop, I believe it falls on the rest of us to intervene.

--
Alastair D'Silva           mob: 0423 762 819
skype: alastair_dsilva