[clug] Member Moderation - Bryan Kilgallin

Brad Marshall brad.marshall at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 06:32:30 UTC 2019

Hi all,

On Thu, Jul 4, 2019 at 12:15 AM Steve Walsh via linux
<linux at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> We've had an unfortunate few days on the list, so in an effort to move
> forward with a more Linux-related discussion, I have requested the
> mailing list admins apply a moderation flag to Bryan Kilgallin's email
> address. Emails from Bryan will be held in a queue, and where the post
> positively contributes to an ongoing discussion, they will be released
> through to the list.

As the speaker involved at the time on what was my 2nd or so time at
CLUG, thanks for organizing that.  And thanks to everyone else for the
supporting and welcoming way you have acted.  I've been involved in
Linux user groups for years, being involved in the founding of 2
(HUMBUG and CQLUG), and I've never seen anyone interrupt a meeting and
community like that before.

> To help limit this from re-occurring in future, I've also done a first
> pass at a Code of Conduct for CLUG. This can be found online at
> https://gitlab.com/clug-au/code-of-conduct/blob/master/CodeOfConduct,
> and feedback is welcome.

This looks very similar to HUMBUG's CoC (http://humbug.org.au/CoC),
which has been used quite well over the years.

> This document  is not an attempt to exclude people from meetings. It is,
> however, a guide that everyone can use to gauge what is acceptable
> behavior, both on the list and in our monthly face to face meetings.

Hopefully it can put everyone on the same page as to what is expected
in a meeting.

Thanks,
Brad
--