[clug] Bryan's behaviour

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 3 06:38:56 UTC 2019

Alastair wrote:

> As you were already told at MHV, this is an informal community, not a
> workplace, and you have no right to make demands of people who are
> volunteering their time to share their knowledge with the rest of the
> community.

Adults arrive bearing various ailments. Some suffer deafness. Another
has diabetes.

> Your outrageous demands and disrespectful behaviour are as toxic and
> unwanted here as they were at MHV, and since you have shown no sign of
> remorse over the disrespectful treatment you have shown to Brad, I do
> not see why anyone has incentive to even try to make any accommodations
> for you.

 From popular appeal, I have amended my drawing page thus.

{On 27 June, I brought a laptop and graphics tablet to a computer club.
Using MyPaint to draw a software engineer.}

http://members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/art/drawing/index.html

> Stop hiding behind your disability and take responsibility for your
> actions.

Mental illnesses have behavioural symptoms!

> This is a technical group, and as such, a lot of us are
> somewhere on the spectrum.

Trainers need consider adult learners' needs.

> You're not special, and being on the
> spectrum is not an excuse for being disrespectful.

I've been tested as in the top 1% for verbal and visual abilities. And I
suffer neuro and psych problems shared by 1% of folk. One size fits all
doesn't work for minorities.

> This community does not exist for your exclusive benefit, and we should
> not have to tolerate the behaviour you have shown.

Your missus has talked on accommodating Aspies!

> Many people in this community are already blocking mail from you, and
> are avoiding attending meetings due to the toxic environment you have
> created.

I do not control what you do.

Conrad said he avoids CLUG talks, being too techno for him!

> Given that we have covered this many times at MHV, and you have clearly
> not made any attempt to treat other people or community groups with the
> respect they deserve, I suggest that you should no longer be permitted
> to post to the group, or attend meetings, until such time as you can
> demonstrate that you can be a productive member of the community.

Yesterday is a memory. And tomorrow is a dream.
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/