[clug] Bryan's behaviour

Alastair D'Silva alastair at d-silva.org
Wed Jul 3 05:52:43 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2019-07-03 at 15:15 +1000, Bryan Kilgallin via linux wrote:
> Thanks, Neill:
>
> > Such a talk will by its very nature be unstructured and probably
> > highly
> > technical.
> >
> > It will also be hard to share any prior reading list beyond
> > pointing at
> > the speakers' junk code repos if they have such things.
> >
> > I think this is a great idea and it gets my vote.
> >
> > If this doesn't appeal to you perhaps you should just give this
> > talk a
> > miss? Or come along but be prepared for a fire hose of information.
>
> Here are ideas for helping an Aspie like me.

<snip>

Bryan,

As you were already told at MHV, this is an informal community, not a
workplace, and you have no right to make demands of people who are
volunteering their time to share their knowledge with the rest of the
community.

Your outrageous demands and disrespectful behaviour are as toxic and
unwanted here as they were at MHV, and since you have shown no sign of
remorse over the disrespectful treatment you have shown to Brad, I do
not see why anyone has incentive to even try to make any accommodations
for you.

Stop hiding behind your disability and take responsibility for your
actions. This is a technical group, and as such, a lot of us are
somewhere on the spectrum. You're not special, and being on the
spectrum is not an excuse for being disrespectful.

This community does not exist for your exclusive benefit, and we should
not have to tolerate the behaviour you have shown.

Many people in this community are already blocking mail from you, and
are avoiding attending meetings due to the toxic environment you have
created.

Given that we have covered this many times at MHV, and you have clearly
not made any attempt to treat other people or community groups with the
respect they deserve, I suggest that you should no longer be permitted
to post to the group, or attend meetings, until such time as you can
demonstrate that you can be a productive member of the community.

--
Alastair D'Silva           mob: 0423 762 819
skype: alastair_dsilva