[clug] Error creating partition

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 5 11:30:04 UTC 2019

My 8 GB USB thumb drive is partitioned with a GUID partition table.
DISKS shows Free Space 7.7 GB. So I click `+', to "Create partition in
unallocated space". I leave the default partition size at 7747 MB, and
free space following at 0 MB. I type a volume name, and leave Erase off.
Then I choose type "Internal disk for use with Linux systems only
(Ext4)". Clicking Create--yields the following error.

{Error creating partition
Error creating partition on /dev/sdf: Failed to set partition size on
device '/dev/sdf' (Unable to satisfy all constraints on the partition.)
(udisks-error-quark, 0)}
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/