[clug] USB to RS232 DB9 Adapter

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Wed Aug 7 02:52:37 UTC 2019

Dear George:

> The device does not appear to support Ubuntu.

I've abandoned its supplied driver software.

> The directory in the error message below shows directory path that is found in Ubuntu.

Using GtkTerm, I have sent test text fro my PC to my old DOS palmtop.

> As others have suggested, maybe you could get the device to work using standard drivers and without compiling the devices drivers, but somehow I doubt it.

That's what I'm working with.

> I would not have the ability to get source code written for a RedHat environment to compile under a Ubuntu environment.

GtkTerm's default port is /dev/ttyS0. I configured it for 2400 bps, 8
data bits, no parity, and 1 stop bit.

> You could post the build and source code for  RedHat driver and maybe someone could tell you necessary changes to allow it to compile under Ubuntu, but I think that would be a large task.

I want to edit GtkTerm's default config file, setting the port to
/dev/ttyUSB0. But I can't recall *where that file is*!
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/