[clug] Linux Resources

Michael Carden crash at michaelcarden.net
Mon Aug 5 08:22:38 UTC 2019

One aspect of Learning Linux is the often controversial Text Editor War.

Up front I will admit that I am on the vi[m] side of the fence, mostly
because it's pretty much certain that any Linux machine I ssh to will have
it installed.

I like to improve my understanding of things that I use a lot by seeking
online tutorials, and while I much prefer textual docs over things like
videos, sometimes videos offer really useful tips.

This video about vim is a few years old and has its faults, but I learned
things from it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MquaityA1SM

Youtube is full of Text Editor videos. I will be particularly grateful if
anyone can share a link to a vim one that I have so far missed.

--
mc