[clug] Debugging mail delivery issues

George at Clug Clug at goproject.info
Fri Apr 19 00:02:17 UTC 2019

Jim,

Do you send email from your own email server?  I would have to guess
so from your below email.

Is it a postfix server?

Have you turned on verbose logging and checked through the logs to see
what are the negotiations?

George.

On Friday, 19-04-2019 at 09:36 jm via linux wrote:

Or, my email is being misclassified as spam.

This only happens with a few domains. Mostly those that use office365.
Now, a couple of days ago I tried to email someone at canberra.edu.au,
who seem use mimecast.com, and they didn't get my email. Looking at
teh
web site of the companies taht provide these services there doesn't
seem
to be anyway to talk hem to find out why and/or how to rectify the
issue.  My email server is following all the rules as far as I can
tell.
I have an SPF record, but don't use dkim. It doesn't seem to be black
listed by any public blacklist as far as I can tell.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Jeff.