[clug] Blank CD-R Disc

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 3 04:39:20 UTC 2018

I wrote:

>  From Ubuntu Software, I found the ClamTk website.
> https://dave-theunsub.github.io/clamtk/
> Therefrom, I downloaded the clamtk 5.25 Debian/Ubuntu deb package.
>
> Then via GRUB and recovery mode, I dropped to root. Remounting with
> write permissions, I used sudo dpkg -i on that package. Which reported
> dependency problems preventing configuration of clamtk!
>      clamav
>      clamav-freshclam
>      libtext-csv-perl
>      libjson-perl
>      gnome-icon-theme
> Now Ubuntu Software says that ClamTk is installed. Clicking its
> Favourites-icon, starts a wait-icon--that then disappears!

So from the ClamTk website, I downloaded the following.
{Addons
clamtk-gnome (0.02)

Fedora rpm, Source tar.xz, .xz gpg sig, Debian/Ubuntu deb, (new!!)}

Then via GRUB etc, I attempted installing the
clamtk-gnome_0.02-1_all.deb package. Being told that dependency problems
prevented configuration of clamtk-gnome. Depending on clamtk--which was
not configured yet. And depending on python-nautilus--which was not
installed! Because the clamtk-gnome install had dependency problems--it
was left unconfigured. I was also told of man-db errors concerning
clamtk-gnome.

Software Updater complained thus. "The package system is broken. Check
if you are using third party repositories. If so disable them, since
they are a common source of problems. Furthermore run the following
command in a Terminal: apt-get install -f." However Software & Updates
said "Authentication required", "Administrator". Then when I entered the
password, I got the complaint "Sorry that didn't work. Please try again.".
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/