[clug] Blank CD-R Disc

George at Clug Clug at goproject.info
Sun Sep 2 08:42:52 UTC 2018

Bryan,

I don't always use sudo myself.   When my user account is not a
member of sudoers, then I usually know the root password, and then in
a terminal window I  use su, entering the root password.  Then once
I have been root, I can run commands as root, for example adding my
account to a group.

Do you know the root password?  Are you able to become root into a
terminal window, via su?

If you can become root, then you could run the command " gpasswd -a
cdrom" to add your user account to the cdrom group.

https://blog.slucas.fr/projects/debian/lenny-xfce-automount/

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-697239-start-0.html
The general recommendation would be to add your user to the cdrom
group, too.

		Code:

 		gpasswd -a  cdrom

George.

On Sunday, 02-09-2018 at 13:03 Bryan Kilgallin via linux wrote:

Thanks, Scott:

> Or....
> gpasswd -a  cdrom

As I have been trying to explain, my username cannot use sudo!
{gpasswd: Permission denied.}
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/