[clug] [OT] Bézier curve

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Wed May 30 10:33:08 UTC 2018

OK, Scott:

>>> Example: to create a curved arrow for documentation, I add a transparent
>>> layer, then create a curved line on that layer using a Bézier curve,
>>> then "stroke" the line.
>>
>> I haven't tried using layers!
>
> Imagine you have a piece of artwork on your desktop - which you want to
> add to, safely (in case you change your mind of make mistakes).
> Put a layer of clear plastic on top of your artwork - that's a layer.
> You can add more art to the layer.
> You can add more layers. e.g. Base layer, text box layer, text layer,
> arrow layer.
> You can make certain layers visible, invisible, or toggle the degree of
> visibility (opacity).

I watched a MyPaint Layers tutorial.
https://youtu.be/gjVXrXjSyIc

Then I copied from the Web, a photo of a pear. I cropped that, and
locked it as the background image. Then on a new layer, I used Bézier
curves to trace over the outline of the fruit. Adding a little
correction with the pencil tool. Having sealed drawn-containers, I
filled the stem and body with colour. Lastly splattering the body with
colours.

For the next month, the result will be here.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/art/drawing/Pear.png

--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/