[clug] Updated version of VICI

Duncan Roe duncan_roe at optusnet.com.au
Sun May 13 09:32:54 UTC 2018

Hi Brenton,

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 05:15:24PM +1000, linux wrote:

> The user guide has been updated to try to remove the source of confusion
> that produced this problem.
>
> I am currently trying to update the build process to make it more like
> what is normally expected - ./configure; make; make install
> However, as always seems to be the case, what is simpler for the user is
> more difficult for the developer.
> Much fun is being had trying to persuade configure and make to generate
> the configuration file that VICI programs expect.
>
> Brenton

Oddly enough, that's exactly what the SlackBuild (at
https://github.com/duncan-roe/SlackBuilds/tree/master/vici) does now, except for
> make install DESTDIR=/tmp/DRbuilds/package-vici
which installs to an alternate location.

BTW, I wasn't proposing to publish the SB. It's for my own convenience so I can
install / upgrade / uninstall VICI as I choose. If you build a Slackware VM, you
may find it useful that way too,

Cheers ... Duncan.