[clug] Updated version of VICI

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Sat May 5 07:43:53 UTC 2018

Hey Brenton:

 > Its target market is the novice user - exactly the people
 > that are unable to help develop the program.

I considered assumptions. Whereas you said this.

 > Vici aims to make the UNIX command line programs easily available to
 > the users of Linux GUI desktop environments.

https://ocratato-vici.sourceforge.io/

The user must navigate a Linux GUI. So state required skills.

 > A flow chart can be built with commands and their parameters.

The user must be able to flowchart. So add a tutorial.

 > This can then be saved as a script which can be installed into the
 > user's desktop as an application.

This needs a shell scripting tutorial.

 > The script supports all Linux commands, pipelines, file redirection,
 > variables, functions, and multiple threads of control.

The user must know the commands! So refer to such tutorials.
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/