[clug] VICI works on Debian!

Brenton Ross rossb at fwi.net.au
Fri May 4 08:12:14 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-05-04 at 17:28 +1000, Bob Edwards via linux wrote:

> I now have two instances of vici (0.10-689) running on two containers,
> one under Debian 9 and the other under Centos 7.
>
> In both cases, I ssh to the container with -X option to allow the vici
> X11 transport to connect back to my main desktop to display the GUI
> interface:
> bob at lxchost2:~$ ssh -X vici
> bob at vici:~$ export VICI=/home/bob/vici-0.10
> bob at vici:~$ vici-0.10/bin/vici &
>
> and away it goes.
>
> Now I just need a script to test it with...
>
> In the case of the Debian install, the final part to get a clean compile
> (and, I mean clean - no warnings - well done Brenton!) was:
>
> bob at vici:~/vici-0.10/build$ for h in lua.h luaconf.h ; do ln -s
> /usr/include/lua51/${h} stage/home/bob/vici-0.10/include/ ; done
>
> (ie. create symlinks for lua.h and luaconf.h to somewhere the configure
> script had added to the include path).
>
> cheers,
>
> Bob Edwards.

Bob,

if you read the README a bit further there are some instructions for
testing.

Confirm that the build has been successful:
Create a directory for the log files:
$ mkdir -p $VICI/logs
$ make check

Its quite spectacular to watch some of the GUI's running by themselves -
but it does grab the mouse which can be inconvenient if you want to do
something else.

Brenton