[clug] Updated version of VICI

Brenton Ross rossb at fwi.net.au
Thu May 3 13:35:38 UTC 2018

Bryan,

On Thu, 2018-05-03 at 22:22 +1000, Bryan Kilgallin via linux wrote:

> Thanks, Brenton:
>
> > The next thing on my schedule is to update the user guide.
>
> On your SourceForge vici page, clicking "Support"--does not reveal your
> user guide.
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/ocratato-vici/

The options available are a bit restricted by SourceForge - I have the
choice of "None", "Wiki", "Tickets" or "Discussion".
This option is really for the support of other developers that want to
work on VICI's development.

User help is provided from VICI's home page
https://ocratato-vici.sourceforge.io/
There are two links to that page on the SourceForge page, and there is
also a link to it from the "Help | About VICI" menu on the programs.

> > has new stuff for monitoring and debugging scripts and there are
> > currently no instructions on how to use it.
>
> On your above page, I clicked on the "Files" tab, and downloaded
> "vici-user-guide.pdf".
>
> I found this underwhelming!
>
> {2 Quick Introduction to Using VICI
> More to go here later.}

Given that the program is unfinished and not yet ready for normal users,
I don't see any rush to write that section. I prefer to work on the bits
that will help anyone who is trying to test it.

> --
> members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/

Cheers
Brenton