[clug] Latest version of VICI

Bob Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Tue May 1 23:39:44 UTC 2018

On 01/05/18 19:43, Mike Carden wrote:
> Sorry to (slightly) hijack this thread, but...
>
> Bob, why did you add the pipe to grep to your find? You ran:

Hi Mike,

Ummmm... TIMTOWTDI?

I'm surprised you aren't offering a Python one-liner, then it would only
be a single process... oh wait: https://xkcd.com/1987/

So, Andrew Janke's first option is closest, followed by Andrew
Donnellans...

Forgive the added bandwidth, but here is the actual sequence of commands
I ran:

root at vici:~# dpkg --get-selections | grep libqt5
  (see that libqt5core5a is installed)
root at vici:~# dpkg -L libqt5core5a
  (see that the libQt5 files are in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu)
root at vici:~# ls /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5*
  (way too much output to cut-paste to a mailing list...)
root at vici:~# ls -l /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5* | grep -v ^l
  (still too much...)
root at vici:~# find /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -type f | grep libQt5
  (still too much...)
root at vici:~# cd /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
root at vici:~# find . -type f | grep libQt5
  (still too much...)
root at vici:~# find . -type f | grep libQt5 | wc

so, 14 processes were run... I'm such a bad boy.

cheers,

Bob Edwards.