[clug] Latest version of VICI

Andrew Donnellan andrew at donnellan.id.au
Tue May 1 09:55:44 UTC 2018

On 1 May 2018 at 19:50, Andrew Janke via linux <linux at lists.samba.org>
wrote:

> I can't speak for Bob but my knee jerk reactions to this are.
>
> 1. Old habits...
>
> 2. grep syntax highlighting.

As someone who had to read the find(1) manpage earlier today, as I always
have to do every time I have to use find to do something not completely
trivial, the reason I tend to just pipe stuff to grep is that I use find
rarely enough that I can't remember any of the options, which for some
reason don't follow any standard Unix/GNU conventions, or where I've got to
add the wildcards, or what strings I have to quote to prevent wildcard
expansion...

(FWIW https://github.com/sharkdp/fd is a way nicer tool for everyday use.)

--
Andrew Donnellan