[clug] Latest version of VICI

Brenton Ross rossb at fwi.net.au
Tue May 1 09:00:49 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-05-01 at 18:16 +1000, Bob Edwards via linux wrote:

> On 01/05/18 17:28, Brenton Ross via linux wrote:

> >> Hi Brenton,
> >>
> >> I have finally gotten around to looking at VICI (again - I last had
> >> a look around 3 or 4 years ago...).
> >>
> >> I am building it in a Debian Stretch container, following much of your
> >> README (from vici-0.10.682).
> >>
> >> My command is:
> >> bob at vici:~/vici-0.10/build$ ../configure --prefix=$VICI -with-lua-pkg=lua53
> >> checking does moc work?... yes
> >> checking can I compile moc_myqt.cpp?... yes
> >> checking can I compile myqt.cpp?... yes
> >> checking can I link against QT?... configure: error: couldn't link
> >> configure: error: ../../../src/gth/configure failed for src/gth
> >> bob at vici:~/vici-0.10/build$
> >>
> >> Looks like it can't find QT, but I am not sure what part of QT it is
> >> looking for (ie. can it tell me what test actually failed?).
> >>
> >> Any tips?
> >>
> >> cheers,
> >>
> >> Bob Edwards.
> >>

> > Bob,
> >
> > thanks for trying.
> > You seem to have run into the same problem Owen has.
> >
> > It appears that Debian based systems have the Qt libraries installed in
> > the standard location for most libraries which means the -L option
> > should not be required, but for some reason the linker cannot find them.
> >
> > The actual error will be reported in $VICI/build/src/gth/config.log
> >
> > Cheers
> > Brenton
> >

> Hi Brenton,
>
> Any idea which one I should be looking for? Looks like I have 31 Qt5
> libs installed:
>
> bob at vici:~$ cd /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
> bob at vici:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu$ find . -type f | grep libQt5 | wc
>       31      31     719
>
> (I _think_ they all came from:
> bob at vici:~$ sudo apt-get install qt5-default )
>
> cheers,
>
> Bob Edwards.

Bob,

A normal Qt5 development install should have the libraries required for
VICI.
For Qt5 it uses libQt5Core, libQt5Widgets, libQt5Gui, libQt5Svg and
libQt5Test

In the test that fails it only needs libQt5Core but the others get
included as part of the $QTLIBS variable.

I think I have enough info now to have another go at fixing it. Should
be available by tomorrow evening.

Brenton