[clug] Latest version of VICI

Bob Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Tue May 1 08:16:28 UTC 2018

On 01/05/18 17:28, Brenton Ross via linux wrote:
> On Tue, 2018-05-01 at 16:45 +1000, Bob Edwards via linux wrote:

>>> Hmm, apparently that also has a problem. Thanks to Owen for testing and
>>> reporting the problem.
>>> I have uploaded a fixed version vici-0.10.682
>>>
>>> Brenton
>>>

>> Hi Brenton,
>>
>> I have finally gotten around to looking at VICI (again - I last had
>> a look around 3 or 4 years ago...).
>>
>> I am building it in a Debian Stretch container, following much of your
>> README (from vici-0.10.682).
>>
>> My command is:
>> bob at vici:~/vici-0.10/build$ ../configure --prefix=$VICI -with-lua-pkg=lua53
>> checking does moc work?... yes
>> checking can I compile moc_myqt.cpp?... yes
>> checking can I compile myqt.cpp?... yes
>> checking can I link against QT?... configure: error: couldn't link
>> configure: error: ../../../src/gth/configure failed for src/gth
>> bob at vici:~/vici-0.10/build$
>>
>> Looks like it can't find QT, but I am not sure what part of QT it is
>> looking for (ie. can it tell me what test actually failed?).
>>
>> Any tips?
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> Bob Edwards.
>>

> Bob,
>
> thanks for trying.
> You seem to have run into the same problem Owen has.
>
> It appears that Debian based systems have the Qt libraries installed in
> the standard location for most libraries which means the -L option
> should not be required, but for some reason the linker cannot find them.
>
> The actual error will be reported in $VICI/build/src/gth/config.log
>
> Cheers
> Brenton

Hi Brenton,

Any idea which one I should be looking for? Looks like I have 31 Qt5
libs installed:

bob at vici:~$ cd /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
bob at vici:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu$ find . -type f | grep libQt5 | wc
      31      31     719

(I _think_ they all came from:
bob at vici:~$ sudo apt-get install qt5-default )

cheers,

Bob Edwards.