[clug] Micrografx ABC SnapGraphix file

Stephen Hocking stephen.hocking at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 12:27:44 UTC 2018

Dosbox or some other virtual machine sort of thing that can provide an
environment for those licensed programs that you have might be an answer.

On 18 March 2018 at 21:13, Bryan Kilgallin via linux <linux at lists.samba.org>
wrote:

> I am reviewing twenty-three year old "SG" files. I recall that they would
> have been corporate diagrams. The files are small (six to 52 kB). Ubuntu
> Files (Nautilus) says they are "Sega Master System/Game Gear ROM
> (application/x-sms-rom)"!
>
> {The sg file extension is related to an old program called Micrografx ABC
> SnapGraphix and used for files that contains saved user settings.
>
> The Micrografx, Inc. was acquired by Corel corp. in 2001 and Micrografx
> software portfolio was integrated to the Corel's applications.
>
> This sg file type entry was marked as obsolete and no longer supported
> file format.}
> https://www.file-extensions.org/sg-file-extension
>
> {Micrografx ABC SnapGraphix was application used to create graphics flows
> and organisation charts. Micrografx was acquired by Corel.}
> https://www.file-extensions.org/micrografx-abc-snapgraphix-file-extensions
>
> I have been unable to open the files looking other than gibberish!
> --
> members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/
>
> --

  "I and the public know
  what all schoolchildren learn
  Those to whom evil is done
  Do evil in return"		W.H. Auden, "September 1, 1939"