[clug] Canberra UAV in the news: 'Medical Express' competition in Dalby, late September

steve jenkin sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au
Wed Aug 1 22:43:15 UTC 2018

For those like me, who’ve not been following along at home, we’re heading into an exciting time for Canberra UAV.

I’m constantly amazed at the lack of local media coverage for Open Source & related efforts.

================

The Aussie open source effort that keeps a million drones in the air
	How a complete dummy inspires the hugely successful Ardupilot autopilot software
<https://www.computerworld.com.au/article/643450/aussie-open-source-effort-keeps-million-drones-air/>

> “I've contributed to most areas, but I concentrate on the low level system code,” says Tridge, who is also the lead developer for fixed wing aircraft.
>
> “There are new challenges every week. Right now we're completing the move to a new real-time operating system called ChibiOS so I am working a lot on that, but there is always some hard problem to look at. Sometimes it takes many days to work out the cause when a user reports a crash on our forum,” he added.

<https://uavchallenge.org/medical-express/>
	• Deliverable 3: Autonomous Flight Record – 8th August 2018
	• Final “Go/No-Go” and qualification announcements – 15th August 2018
	• Team Insurance Deadline – 5th September 2018
	• UAV Challenge event – 24th to 28th September 2018

--
Steve Jenkin, IT Systems and Design
0412 786 915 (+61 412 786 915)

mailto:sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au http://members.tip.net.au/~sjenkin