[clug] Intel Active Management Technology

Bryan Kilgallin (iiNet) kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Mon May 15 12:36:01 UTC 2017

>>> The above github page advised "Run make". Apropos said that I didn't
>>> have
>>> "run". And unfortunately I am unfamiliar with using make with a
>>> makefile.
>>> Please advise.
>> Just run "make" (sans quotes)
>
> So I did as follows.
>
> {
>
> make "CC := $(CROSS_COMPILE)gcc
>                                                 PROGS := mei-amt-check
>                                                 all: $(PROGS)
>                                                 clean:
>                         rm -fr $(PROGS)"
> }
>
> Yielding the following error.
>
> {
> $(...) is not supported. In fish, please use '(CROSS_COMPILE)'.
> fish: make "CC := $(CROSS_COMPILE)gcc
> }

Next (to appease fish) I removed the dollar signs from the text, thus.

{
make "CC := (CROSS_COMPILE)gcc

                         PROGS := mei-amt-check

                         all: (PROGS)

                         clean:
                         rm -fr (PROGS)"
}

Which yielded the error following quoted.

"make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop."

So I saved that text (sans dollars as above) to a file named
Makefile.txt, on my Desktop. Then I pointed a terminal window running
fish at the Desktop, and I entered "make Makefile.txt". Which yielded
the following quoted error!

"make: Nothing to be done for 'Makefile.txt'."
--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/