[clug] IPv6 in Canberra

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Sun Jun 25 06:38:04 UTC 2017

Hi Paul,

On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 13:01:33 +1000 Paul Warren via linux <linux at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> I'm using Infinite Networks on TransACT, they offer IPV6 over 6rd and
> it's working fine!

But it is tunnelled over IPv4 :-(  When PCUG was a TransACT ISP, we did
IPv6 tunnels in request (but did not tell people that they could
request it :-))

> iiNet did once have a trial of ipv6 on transact, but I could find no
> information on it when I was looking at signing up to transact 18 months
> ago.

That was also tunnelled.

> I also have an IPv6 address on my phone from Telstra, which I believe is
> now enabled by default on apple devices, but android owners will need to
> edit the APN details to enable dual stack access.

This is slightly better news.  I understand that Telstra will do IPv6
for their business customers if resuested.

> If you'd like I can give you access to my wifi for a test!
>
> Has anyone tried the CBR Free Wifi thing in town? It's run by internode
> and may have ipv6 access.

I have tried it, but failed to check if it has IPv6 support.  I'll try
to remember to check next time.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell