[clug] Beersig/Aus-day/Meeting quandry

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Thu Jan 26 02:24:13 UTC 2017

On 01/26/2017 12:56 PM, Bryan Kilgallin wrote:
> No, Eyal:
>
>> Was a venue decision made?
>
> Both are plausible,

My understanding (based off my suggestion on list and a number of
replies that +1'd it, also on the list) is that we were meeting at
Debacle at 6pm, then at N101 for the normal meeting at 7pm(ish). However
Debacle closes at 4pm today, so that puts a scupper on that plan.

A number of people have also proposed not meeting at the pub at all and
starting at N101 at 7pm, or meeting at the Wig and Pen even though it's
closed, but I don't if those ideas got enough traction to go ahead, so
I'm going to ring the various pubs around the city and find somewhere that

a) isn't too loud,
b) isn't too crowded,
c) has a reasonable beer selection that isn't purely provided by CUB or
Lion Nathan, and
d) is open,

then update the list.

regards