[clug] Android

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Fri Jan 20 14:53:41 UTC 2017

I was looking-up wearable medical devices. Which seem to require
interfacing with usually a mobile phone or tablet computer, running iOS
or Android. However, I don't have a mobile phone. And my PC and laptop
both run Ubuntu.

"Why You Can’t Run Android Software on Desktop Linux

Linux doesn’t include the Dalvik virtual machine, so it can’t run
Android apps. The Dalvik virtual machine and all of Android’s other
software can’t simply be dropped onto a desktop Linux machine — you’d
have to do more work to make Android apps output to a window on a
standard desktop through Xorg, for example."

http://www.howtogeek.com/189036/android-is-based-on-linux-but-what-does-that-mean/
--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/