[clug] EFI / Windoze help

Sam Parkinson sam at sam.today
Mon Jan 9 20:14:52 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-01-10 at 00:03 +1100, Peter Ellis wrote:
> I've gone into the BIOS and found out that there's no USB option;
> just
> EFI or the Windoze 10 drive.

I read this great article which is like a deep dive into UEFI for
people who aren't kernel developers:  https://www.happyassassin.net/201
4/01/25/uefi-boot-how-does-that-actually-work-then/

I'm now compulsively posting it on mailing lists whenever people
mention the "UEFI bios" or "disabling the UEFI".

You can install Linux on a computer that only has UEFI.  Linux boots
great on UEFI computers - that's what I'm running on my Fedora laptop
right now.  If the issue is Secure boot, to my knowledge many distros,
at least both Fedora and Ubuntu, ship kernels signed by a CA that MS
mandates is in computers shipped with windows.  I thought that an intel
atom tablet would be included in that.

--
Thanks,
Sam