[clug] low power device for VPN end point

Tony Lewis tony at lewistribe.com
Mon Jan 9 11:11:20 UTC 2017

I'm looking for a low power device to be a VPN end point, and I am after
recommendations, please.

The key requirement is high VPN throughput.  I lean towards OpenVPN, but
because it's single-threaded, it seems there are often struggles to get
anywhere close to native throughput.  I understand IPSec implementations
are/can be multithreaded, so that might better fit the bill.

HDMI and GPU and desktop stuff is not important.  Just low power, high
crypto throughput, high reliability and solid Linux support.

Tony