[clug] Colour management

Sam Parkinson sam at sam.today
Sat Jan 7 00:19:40 UTC 2017

On Sat, 2017-01-07 at 08:27 +1100, Bryan Kilgallin wrote:
> > I have installed GNOME Color Chooser. Though I don't feel competent
> > in
> > using it.
>
> This is described as "A tool for customizing the appearance of the
> GNOME
> desktop". And it is "Running on GTK+ version 2.24.10". I have set
> global
> colors to a pastel green theme.
>
> Now some applications (like Thunderbird) show my new colour scheme.
> But
> most windows don't.

Oh, I thought that you were using the color settings panel in GNOME
control center.

If you want to change the colors of applications, you can use Gtk+ 3
css.  On any Gtk+ 3 application, press Ctrl-Shift-I to open the
interactive inspector that lets you test css changes live.  You can
eventually save your css theme [1].

[1]  https://blogs.gnome.org/mclasen/2014/05/06/tweaking-a-the-gtk-them
e-using-css/

--