[clug] ARM devices with complete upstream support

Chris Smart clug at christophersmart.com
Sat Oct 29 07:19:17 UTC 2016

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 07:59:41PM +1100, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:

>>That's my fault - you should be using rpi_3_32b_defconfig as the
>>rpi_3_defconfig is 64bit (which I tried to say to avoid).
>>
>>Can you try that and see how you go? I'll update the blog post.
>
>Yes thanks, this one builds.
>
>I could not see anything on the serial line but I have HDMI and kbd/mouse
>connected and I got the "U-Boot>" prompt and the version matches my build.

I think for the rpi 3 you need to add a config.txt file to the boot
partition, with:

enable_uart=1

See:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=141195

The rpi might also be doing something automatic if it detects the HDMI
is plugged in.

>I removed the kbd/mouse and still got nothing on the serial line (did swap Tx/Rx too).
>And just verifying (the supplied picture is not as clear), the connected pins are
>        pin  6 (GND)
>        pin  8 (TX)
>        pin 10 (RX)

The rpi2 doesn't have these labelled on the board, but I think that's
correct.

-c