[clug] Desktop Environments - Thursday 2016-05-26 19:00

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Mon May 23 10:37:10 UTC 2016

Thanks, Steven:

> I think the idea of a round table and possible presentation from various
> people of how they use the linux desktop has some popularity and was delayed
> from last month.

I use Ubuntu. So I know Unity and not much else.

>    Abstract:     Desktop environments in linux, examples and usage

I would appreciate explanations of others.

{Most modern distributions include a graphical user environment, with,
as of February 2015, the two most popular environments being the KDE
Plasma Desktop <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KDE_Plasma_Desktop> and
Xfce <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xfce>.}

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux#Desktop

I didn't understand much of this diagram. So perhaps someone might help
explain it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux#/media/File:Free_and_open-source-software_display_servers_and_UI_toolkits.svg

--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/