[clug] Anyone using an Ubuntu Tablet? Comments?

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 07:57:40 UTC 2016

<devils_advocate>

A google search on 'quadcore tablet' reveals a pile of $AU100 or less
devices. Yes, most of them run dodgy ARM CPUs but from what I can see, the
'official' Ubuntu one does too.

I will confess that i don't care enough to 'Do The Experiment' but my
uneducated guess is that you could buy one of the excitingly random tablets
and enliven it with Ubuntu's tablet OS at some fraction of the cost of an
'official' one.

Actually, I almost care enough to spend some money. If anyone else wants to
get in on a CLUG group buy of cheap but useful tablet hardware, let's see
if we can make something like the 'Ubuntu tablet' for a more attractive
price.

</devils_advocate>

--
MC