[clug] I feel like a newbie... question

Rodney Peters rodneyp at iinet.net.au
Sat Feb 20 21:03:09 UTC 2016

More likely a kernel update has failed to be configured in GRUB and the rest of
Ubuntu is in good working order.

You could download Supergrub 2 and put that on USB or CD to boot from.  You
should then be able to use the menu find and boot the Ubuntu installation.
Once booted go through the bootloader setup again.

Parted Magic rescue CD also contains Supergrub 2.

Rod