[clug] WebSDR

George at Clug Clug at goproject.info
Sun Aug 28 00:09:29 UTC 2016

Bryan,

Last Thursday was my first introduction to using Software Defined
Radio (SDR) too.  It was a very interesting topic.

I found a few interesting links which you may find useful?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software-defined_radio

http://landoflinux.com/linux_sdr_adsb_gqrx_radio.html

http://gqrx.dk/doc/practical-tricks-and-tips

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Features/Reading-Weather-Data-with-Software-Defined-Radio

http://www.rtl-sdr.com/about-rtl-sdr/

http://www.rtl-sdr.com/skywave-linux-new-linux-ubuntu-distribution-made-for-software-defined-radio/

The below articles could be a bit too technical.

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7505

Listening to FM Radio in Software, Step by Step

http://w9oy-sdr.blogspot.com.au/2009/02/quick-little-riff-on-how-sdr-works.html

http://superkuh.com/rtlsdr.html

http://oh2bsc.com/2015/02/17/getting-started-with-sdr-radio-using-dvb-t-usb-dongle-and-gqrx/

Roughly in the middle of the list there was guide line “to blacklist
the kernel module (dvb_usb_rtl28xxu)”. Blacklisting means, that you
prevent kernel to load a module during start-up. This is done by
editing a file blacklist.conf, which can be found in folder
/etc/modprobe.d .

http://hab.uggy.org/index.php?article9/sdr-software-defined-radio-on-gnulinux-with-gqrx

We can change the volume of Gqrx with pavucontrol

George.