[clug] Next CLUG meeting - August 28

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Fri Aug 26 00:16:16 UTC 2016

On 26/08/16 07:24, Mike Carden wrote:
> Okay, to build on Fedora (Korora) 24, I don't touch the CmakeLists text
> file, I just edit the .pro file. Here's the relevant bit:
>
> CONFIG          += dabstick_osmo
> # CONFIG                += sdrplay
> CONFIG          += rtl_tcp
> # CONFIG                += airspy
> # CONFIG                += spectrum
> DEFINES         += MOT_BASICS__         # use at your own risk
> DEFINES         += MSC_DATA__           # use at your own risk
> DESTDIR         = ./linux-bin
> INCLUDEPATH     += /usr/include/qt5/qwt /usr/local/include /usr/include/qwt
>

> You can see that I've commented out the sdrplay and airspy lines. Also I
> added /usr/include/qwt to the INLUDEPATH line.
>
> Then I just run:
>
> qmake-qt5
> make
>
> ...and watch compiler output scroll past. With any luck, you get a
> linux-bin directory with a binary in it.
>
> If that falls over, perhaps throw the log at a pastebin and share the link.

Testing sdr-j I followed the above on fedora 24.

1) faad2-devel is from the rpmfusion-free repo

2) built it, ignoring the console messages

3) Run the bin, ignoring all the messages scrolling on the console, I selected
- output: my laptop device (HDA-Intel PCH)
- device: dabstick
- channel 10B
- START
I then got a list of stations (18), selected one and heard it. So it works.

Thanks Mike.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)