[clug] Invites to keybase

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 09:41:24 UTC 2016

On 08/08/16 18:16, Mike Carden wrote:
> A tad off-topic I know, but this discussion of public and private keys
> has called to mind a thing that I have recently discovered about public
> keys.

or prescient (given what I was reading when you posted)?

> If you have a github account and have uploaded any public keys there,
> github makes them available to anyone via:
>
> https://github.com/username.keys
>
> You can get mine from https://github.com/mcarden.keys
>
> Why is this useful? It's useful because if I am collaborating with
> someone and want that person to be able to access a machine under my
> control, I can just:
>
> curl https://github.com/username.keys >> ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
>
> ... and that person can ssh into my machine seamlessly.
>
> Or I can ask someone to do the same for me. The Internet, it works!

Indeed.

https://github.com/blog/2144-gpg-signature-verification
https://agonzalezro.github.io/signing-your-github-work-with-your-keybase-keys.html
https://github.com/pstadler/keybase-gpg-github

Now this is tangential:-
http://joeyh.name/blog/entry/keysafe/

> --
> crash
>

> On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 5:50 PM, Scott Ferguson
> <scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com <mailto:scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com>>
> wrote:
>

>     On 05/08/16 23:18, Ambrose Andrews wrote:
>     > On 05/08/16 21:51, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>     >> I also have some unused invites if anyone wants. You will need to be
<snipped>
>     >
>     > You can set it up so your private key isn't under their control.

<snipped>

Kind regards

--
    A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.

    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

    A: The lost context.
    Q: What makes top-posted replies harder to read than bottom-posted?

    A: Yes.
    Q: Should I trim down the quoted part of an email to which I'm reply

http://www.idallen.com/topposting.html