[clug] mirror.linux.org.au down?

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Sun Aug 7 06:40:14 UTC 2016

We lost a drive and upon investigation noticed another one going, so felt it
safest to turn everything off and try to recover by hand rather than on a
system with faults happening as we watched.  The process of recovery is
taking a bit longer than expected.  Main thing we are doing is trying to
ensure we have a reliable system to bring stuff back on and then see if we
have copies of all data mirror.linux.org.au is the original source for.  (no
loss of lca data but we may have to chase some data from other conferences
once we begin putting it all on the new disks)

Taking a break until we have something reliable is the official answer.

	See You
	    Steve

On Sun, Aug 07, 2016 at 03:44:37PM +1000, Adam Baxter wrote:
> Hi all,
> mirror.linux.org.au has been down for some time now, I figure someone on
> the list will have more information about that. Is it gone forever or just
> taking a break?
>
> >From another thread, http://debian.anu.edu.au/debian/ is accessible from
> outside the ANU.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --Adam
> --

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
the mainstream is so polluted with lies
once you get wet, it's so hard to get dry
   Roll With It - Not So Soft - Ani