[clug] Desktop environments vs for CLUG topic 28th April

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Wed Apr 27 06:27:43 UTC 2016

Hi Andrew

On 04/21/2016 08:18 PM, Andrew Janke wrote:
> As an avid cloudstor+ proponent and user can someone please ask these
> two !(dorothy dixers) at the AARNet Cloudstor presentation if there
> happens to be someone from AARNet there!

I stuck my hand up to give the talk, and currently work for AARNet, so I
hope that satisfies your conditions of a suitable person to answer the
questions.

> 1. Any plans to integrate Shibboleth into the desktop clients? It'd be
> great from a user point of view rather than having to login to the web
> interface to create a password.

No, there isn't, as general experience globally is users very strongly
dislike it and there are other ways to solve the problem - we're not
oblivious to the problem, and we are fully able to integrate other
authentication mechanisms based on realm, such as radius and (shortly)
oauth2.

> 2. Any plans to add OAuth2? the Owncloud devs have talked about it for
> a long time but it hasn't happened yet. It would allow us to integrate
> it into other AAF authenticated services.

yes, there are plans, but we're not there yet.

Hope this helps.