[clug] MFP Printers

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Mon Apr 4 00:46:14 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 12:06:36PM +1100, Rodney Peters wrote:
> I like the colour laser technology in the Fuji Xerox cm305df, but have a less
> expensive Brother 9120CN (now superceded by 9125CN model, I believe)  All are
> Postscript.
>
> Brother support Linux well, although you need to download the drivers and run
> a script to install & configure same.  Network scanning just works with the
> Brothers, but not with many models of most other brands.

Reviving an old thread to add ....

Yesterday I purchased a MFC-9335CDW[1]  Took longer to unbox than to setup on
my F20[2] laptop.  The brother site had a quite d/l that "*just worked*.

While Linux isn't listed as supported it's clearly been thought about.  The
source is available for review.

Yours Tony.

[1] http://brother.com.au/products/multi-function-centres/colour-laser-led-mfc/mfc-9335cdw-detail
[2] Yes I knwo that terribly out of date, don't hate me