[clug] Aarnet Ubuntu mirror back online

Paul Harvey csirac2 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 06:20:44 UTC 2015

There's probably some lag between that page and the actual status of mirrors.

aarnet seems to hiccup often enough on debian and derivatives that
I've taken to using cdn.debian.net instead.

Over the years, I've sent E-mails to the aarnet mirror maintainer when
I notice things, but they always seem to say something along the lines
of "we know, we see the errors, something broke and didn't recover
because of the dumb way that this archive works". And it takes a few
days for things to settle again.

I never did get to the bottom of why debian archives are harder for
AARNet to mirror than others, but there seemed to be knowledgeable
people on freenode IRC #nanog if that's more your thing.