[clug] linux.anu.edu.au

Bob Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Wed Oct 21 02:42:30 UTC 2015

On 21/10/15 13:18, Kevin Murray wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> (sorry if you get this twice, it seemed to bounce the first time)
>
> I've just (re)discovered the linux.anu.edu.au mirror. From the contact page I
> see that Mikal Still is the admin, but I though I'd email the list too in case
> this is no longer the case. (yes, linux.anu.edu.au != clug, but I figure
> there's some overlap :) )
>
> I notice that the debian/ mirror is quite out of date. Is help required to keep
> the mirror up to date? I was going to set up a mirror internal to the lab I'm
> in (in Biology) but I'd rather invest that time into a mirror that is useful
> outside our lab. If you'd like a hand, just let me know!
>
> It would also be great to get https enabled, which I'm happy to do. I've dealt
> with getting *.anu.edu.au domain certs before for lab resources.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin
>
> ---
> Kevin Murray
> 0xA4B4EE6A

Hi Kevin,

linux.anu.edu.au is also mirror.linux.org.au, the Linux Australia
mirror.

So, the https cert would really need to be for mirror.linux.org.au...

Anyway, I suppose LA should be looking at this mirror and they need
to decide how to feed it. They may well be interested in your offer
to assist with debian.

Even though mirror.linux.org.au is several metres from my office, I
tend to use ftp.au.debian.org (in WA) or mirror.aarnet.edu.au (used
to be on the other side of ANU campus - but somewhere else these days,
I believe). Other colleagues use debian.anu.edu.au (in the next
building to where my office is) - not sure if it is accessible from
off-campus.

cheers,

Bob Edwards.